for W3c validation
Why Hope U?
Being in the foster care system isn’t easy, and let’s face it, it isn’t a choice. To make matters worse, statistics are not good for youth who exit out of the foster care system. The federal government is tracking specific information on foster care youth at ages of 17, 19 and 21 to provide statistics on the effectiveness of the foster care system. Through our experience and the following noted statistics, the outcome is bleak for these unfortunate young adults.
The cost of incarceration in 2003 was $25,327 per year and in 2007 it was $30,600. Based on these figures, along with the cost of arrests and trials, the total estimated cost of incarceration is over $40,000 per year.
HUD estimates that the cost of homelessness is $40,000 per year.
Unemployment costs in 2010 were over $320 billion dollars.
These foster care kids deserve better. The cost of their failure is astronomical, but their success would be priceless. Hope U Foundation provides the following tangible items and services to our residents:
- Fully furnished apartment including all appliances and resident computer
- Financial assistance to include grocery stipends, spending stipends and savings
- 24 hour staffed facility
- Vocational Job Training
- Case Management (to include)
- Goal setting and tracking
- Medical/Psychological Treatment Assistance
- Life Skills Training
- Employment seeking and job maintenance sills
- Money management and budgeting
- Accessing community resources and public transportation